- FY2022 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2022 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer center Japan (CCJ)
- FY2022 Summary of inquiries received by Consumer Hotline for Tourists
- Glasses susceptible to fracture due to residual strain at the edge! If you have one, contact your seller
- Protect children from firework-related burns! Children aged three or younger are most injured. In some cases, clothing catches fire
- Be careful! Consumers in their 20s tricked into borrowing money for side jobs and investments through remote-control app
- Do not put MCT oil, perilla oil, etc. in expanded polystyrene container! Such oil can transform and damage the container
- Does the currency symbol "¥" really mean Japanese yen? If you don't check it carefully, you may be charged nearly 20 times more than you expected!
- Beware of finger entrapment when using a folding step stool made of resin! Infants get their fingers caught and cut off
- Beware of breakage of TV display! Cracks on the screen and wet can lead to expensive repair costs
- Ten consumer issues the elderly and people around them should keep in mind
- Repeated injuries from accidental swallowing of powerful neodymium magnetic balls!
- Copyright infringement? Use of file sharing software is very risky!
- FY2021 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data received through PIO-NET
- FY2021 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2021 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer center Japan (CCJ)
- FY2021 Summary of inquiries received by Consumer Hotline for Tourists
- Be careful with investment in crypto-assets solicited by online friends! Don't believe easy ways to make money
- I can't see my fave! Surge of trouble over purchase of resold tickets
- Surge of complaints about seafood telemarketing and negative option! Be careful with phone calls like "Due to COVID-19 pandemic, we are suffering a fall in income"
- Beware of home repair trouble after natural disaster! Residents in devastated areas need extra caution
- "Although I just wanted to try it with a discount, a subscription contract was made!" - revised Act on Specified Commercial Transactions takes effect to crack down on subscription traps!
- Beware of injuries and sickness during personal strength training! Unexpected pitfall when trying to get fit in the pandemic
- Free of charge if promoting the product and service on social media? Beware of sales messages like "100% cashback" and "No expense"
- Beware of fraudulent tactics exploiting the situation in Ukraine
- Prevent infants from swallowing resin balls which swell in water! (follow-up)
- E-scooter riding on public road requires driver's license, structure and protective gear in conformity with safety standard
- Romance investment scams on the rise! Prearranged encounter?
- Beware of technical support scams! Security warning pop-up and beep sound are fake! Never call the number nor pay with e-money or credit card!
- Beware of broken magnetic blocks! Accidentally swallowed magnets perforate child's stomach and intestine
- Prevent infants from swallowing resin balls which swell in water!
- Ten major topics for 2021 related to consumer affairs
- Growing problems in pet purchase from breeders: Take precautions before purchase
- Trouble with COVID-19 test kits: Carefully read precautions in advance and use one suitable for the purpose
- Measurement of caffeine in beverages: you might take too much without noticing!
- Baby suffocated with a small loaf of bread! Break bread into small pieces and pay attention till a baby finishes eating and swallowing
- Questionnaire survey on labeling of food products subject to infant standard
- Do you think "I have canceled" or "I haven't signed up"? It might be a wrong idea. You might be charged for a subscription unexpectedly!
- Carefully handle small diameter frying pans and saucepans - they may fall while cooking, handle may burn out and fixation screw may corrode
- Consumer problems experienced by people over 60 in FY2020: Record high in category of mail-order sales affected by COVID-19 pandemic
- Caution! Infants may be scalded by steam emitted from home appliances: rice-cookers, thermos pots, kettles and steam humidifiers
- FY2020 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data received through PIO-NET
- FY2020 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2020 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer center Japan (CCJ)
- FY2020 Summary of inquiries received by Consumer Hotline for Tourists
- Check boys' swimwear lining! Penile skin may get stuck in mesh lining
- Beware of new "moneymaking scheme" using online salon
- Website with multilingual chatbot dedicated to Consumer Hotline for Tourists launched
- Inquiries received by Consumer Hotline on COVID-19 Vaccine Fraud (3): Risky to easily respond to message related to COVID-19 vaccination!
- Caution! Contract for selling your house is not subject to cooling-off! Elderly consumers are prone to trouble. Don't easily sign a contract without knowing details
- Inquiries received by Consumer Hotline on COVID-19 Vaccine Fraud (2): Do not easily accept offers like "I will make a reservation for your vaccine," "I will visit you to explain about vaccination," etc.
- Inquiries received by Consumer Hotline on COVID-19 Vaccine Fraud: Fraudsters often say "There's a way to raise the vaccination priority level," "Vaccine is available for a fee," etc.
- Beware of accidental ingestion of aromatic solution! Infants may drink reed diffuser solution and get hospitalized
- Watch out for trouble with car rental or car sharing; Carefully read contract terms such as insurance and check car scratches beforehand
- Hypochlorous acid water, claimed to be effective against viruses on surfaces
- Watch out for air bed leaks
- Ten major topics for 2020 related to consumer affairs
- Beware of trampoline accidents in play facilities! In the worst case, bone fracture or nerve damage
- Be careful with fake delivery notice through SMS. Do not access the URL! Never enter ID or password!
- Beware of fake sites purporting to sell furniture and home appliances at bargain prices! Your order will never be delivered and you will be at a loss!
- Consumer problems experienced by people over 60 in FY2019: Record high among people over 80! Further attention is needed
- Caution! Troubles over online shopping on the increase affected by new normal of consumption
- Summary of consumer affairs inquiries related to COVID-19 (data through August 2020)
- Ethanol concentration of alcohol sanitizers, disinfectants and hand cleaners (liquid or gel type)
- Complete at home? Easy to get thin? Beware of weight loss ads for online medical beauty services! In some cases, self-injection of diabetes medication for slimming
- FY2019 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data received through PIO-NET
- Break car glass with emergency escape hammer in case of submersion! Prepare for flood
- FY2019 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2019 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer center Japan (CCJ)
- FY2019 Summary of inquiries received by Consumer Hotline for Tourists
- FY2019 Summary of "Consumer Trouble Mailbox" - Your information helped improve price indication and terms of service!
- Caution! Hot yoga may cause dizziness, hot flashes, nausea and headache during or after a lesson
- Do you have the right information about products advertised as sanitizers or disinfectants? - Tips related to COVID-19
- Beware of consumer problems caused by social media! Not only teens but also middle-aged and senior adults get involved in
- Information on fragrance of fabric softener in 2020
- Caution! Child may fall from diaper changing table! Risk of head injury is high and hospital stay may be required
- Beware of breakage of manual wheelchairs! Frame or wheel may break during use
- Beware of unscrupulous sales tactics capitalizing on coronavirus (quick report)
- Think twice before signing a contract for self-beauty treatment! While low price and convenience highlighted, there's been problems related to injuries and cancellation
- Gift of love? It might be a sign of international romance scam
- Beware of new type of billing fraud! You might receive scam calls about unsettled charges or settlement on damages
- Summary of the Year Since the Launch of the "Consumer Hotline for Tourists" - 65% of the inquiries are in Chinese -
- Surge of inquiries about regular purchase! "Although I intended to try with discount, a regular purchase contract was made," "Unable to cancel," "Too expensive to afford", etc.
- Ten major topics for 2019 related to consumer affairs
- Caution! When stroller falls over, baby may fall from it and injure head: sometimes hospitalized!
- Avoid trading with unregistered binary options brokers! Consumers mostly in their 20s have got in trouble triggered by SNS
- Troubles reported to Consumer Hotline for Tourists: partly caused by differences of culture and custom?
- Skin damage caused by tattoo sticker and face paint, such as irritation when removing! People with metal allergies and children need special care
- Over 400,000 troubles experienced by consumers aged 60 or older! Learn from current problems to prevent them in the future
- Protect children from online trouble as family members! Trouble can be triggered by online game, adult website, regular purchase of health foods or cosmetics, SNS, etc.
- Surge in the number of inquiries about eyelash essence! Efficacy and labeling examined
- FY2018 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2018 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data received through PIO-NET
- FY2018 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer Center Japan (CCJ)
- Quality survey of health food tablets and capsules - they might look like pharmaceutical products, but actually not!
- FY2018 Summary of "Consumer Trouble Mailbox" - Your information helped improve food labeling for allergens!
- Beware of accidents when playing with a float in the sea!
- Increase of inquiries about problems when a utility company is closing down or when a consumer is switching to another supplier
- Do not borrow money from someone you met on SNS!
- Rise in the number of inquiries about trouble over online ticket resale
- Beware of unexpected cash on delivery parcels and unrelated foreign packets
- Beware of contractual trouble over support services for the elderly such as guarantor service
- Beware of leakage from a smartphone case containing liquid: shiny but risky
- Beware of money making offers: they say "you can get a reward from advertising goods on SNS" and induce you to make a large purchase
- Inquiries about billing fraud exceeded 200,000! If you don't remember anything about it, never contact the sender
- Are you okay with dental implants? No end of complaints about dental implants
- Acid foot care products may cause chemical burns or serious pain!
- Capsule sponge toy entered the body of a small child! After suffering from unexplained symptoms for 4 months, the girl had the object removed with general anesthesia.
- Be careful when buying tickets for Rugby World Cup Japan 2019™! Make sure you are accessing the official website before purchase.
- Carefully respond to a punctured automobile tire - How to use emergency repair kit & How to replace a flat tire with a spare tire
- Be careful when using home emergency service for faucet leak repair, unlocking, etc.
- Ten major topics for 2018 related to consumer affairs
- Ignore fake notice including your mobile phone number
- Consumer Hotline for Tourists has been launched.
- Ignore fake notice claiming to be from District Court Administration Office
- Read description before using an hourly parking lot. If you use without reading it, you may be charged an unexpected hefty fee.
- NCAC Launches "Consumer Hotline for Tourists"
- Beware of fake security warning pop-ups when using the Internet
- Results of telephone consultation through "Over-60 Consumer Trouble Dial 110"
- Ignore fake notice claiming to be from National Lawsuit Notification Center under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice
- Beware of fake shopping sites for winter clothes and shoes! Many troubles in winter
- Beware of contractual trouble at gyms; inability to cancel, expensive cancellation fee, etc.
- Trouble over mobile package contract, use of smartphone, etc. - rise in inquiries from elderly consumers
- Trouble after taken in by sales talk "Why not repair your house using insurance money ?" - rise in inquiries from elderly consumers -
- FY2017 Summary of "Consumer Trouble Mail Box"
- FY2017 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries received through PIO-NET
- FY2017 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data received through PIO-NET
- FY2017 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross-border Consumer Center Japan (CCJ)
- Beware of quick fortune-making ideas related to side job, investment, etc. Soaring problems about information sold on the Internet
- Regularly check video recorded by dashboard camera. It may fail to record due to SD card abnormality.
- Beware of heat, leakage or explosion of batteries! Check batteries in emergency flashlight, radio, etc.
- It wasn't supposed to be like this! Contractual trouble over price or service of cleaning out belongings of the departed
- New private lodging business rules have been introduced! Before booking private lodging, confirm the total charges and cancellation policy.
- Cyanide compounds contained in health tea using loquat seeds - Beware of excessive intake because decomposition thereof in the body may produce hydrocyanic acid
- Beware of various kinds of troubles related to cryptocurrencies
- Accidental ingestion of high powered magnetic balls - infant's digestive tract got holes, and the magnetic balls were removed by laparotomy
- Caution - Children are prone to burns from hot surfaces. Window of a grill unit remains hot even after use.
- Intended to sell disused articles, but happened to sell precious metals! Many old people got in trouble with door-to-door buyers, especially when sorting out belongings.
- FY2016 Summary of Consumer Affairs Inquiries registered to PIO-NET
- FY2016 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Data registered to PIO-NET
- FY2016 Summary of inquiries about cross-border consumer disputes received by Cross Border Consumer Center Japan (CCJ)
- Beware of eye damage from contact lenses (input through Doctor Mail Box)
- Beware of accidents when using a grass cutter!
- Don't reply to unfamiliar email or SMS! Spam emails may drag you into trouble!
- FY2016 Summary of "Consumer Trouble Mail Box"
- Trouble with a foreign multilevel marketing company that claims no relation to Japanese laws - Company is based abroad!? I was told that I could earn money by introducing someone.
- It wasn't supposed to be like this! Trouble after buying a cheap smartphone - Confirm specific services and procedure, in addition to price.
- Be careful when solicited to buy virtual currency by your acquaintance or at a seminar. Don't believe words like "It's surely profitable".
- Beware of troubles when using metal tire chains; Slack in chains or over speed may cause breakage of chains and unexpected accident
- Ten major topics for 2016 related to consumer affairs
- Beware of handling hair dryers; you might get burned from ignition or sparks, and your hair might be sucked and caught
- Car sun visor shield suddenly flipped down and blocked driver's view; Stop using it if fixing is loose
- Results of telephone consultation through "Over-60 Consumer Trouble Dial 110"
- Toppling of water heater's hot water tanks; poor installation hidden till the big earthquake (referring to Kumamoto earthquake related inquiries)
- Beware of trouble with online travel bookings; it turned out to be unreserved when arriving at hotel!?
- Be careful! Children's feet might be caught in the wheel while double riding; Bicycle spoke injuries have frequently occurred
- Underpants advertised as to absorb a small amount of incontinent urine - Don't rely on it too much. It may seep out -
- Beware leakage from a smartphone case containing liquid
- Electricity retail liberalization has started - Collect right information and fully understand your contract details! Watch out for opportunistic solicitations -
- Never enter a rip-off bar! - Cheerful mood vanishes, ends up with hefty charges -
- Full liberalization of the electricity retail market in 3 weeks - Collect right information and fully understand contract details! Watch out for opportunistic solicitations -
- NCAC NEWS(Vol.27,No.6)
- Full liberalization of the electricity retail market in less than 50 days! - Collect right information and fully understand contract details! Watch out for opportunistic solicitations -
- Beware problems related to solicitations of optical fiber broadband service
- Suspicious phone calls asking "Lend your name", "Buy this on behalf of him" etc. are fraudulent! - Watch out for fraud troubles related to purchase of old coins -
- NCAC NEWS(Vol.27,No.3)
- A pile of troubles among elderly people! Inquiries about IP phone services are growing
- Consumer troubles seen from the aspect of natural disasters - from troubles over repair work of devastated houses to piggybacking scams -
- FY2014 Summary of Consumer Affairs Consultations received through PIO-NET
- FY2014 Summary of Harmful and Hazardous Incident Information received through PIO-NET
- Unexpected billing for cosmetics purchased through advertisement on SNS - The counterparty found out to be an overseas fraudulent trader although the transaction was made on a website in Japanese!? -
- 100 thousand yen for a laundry pole!? - Surge in troubles over traveling sales again -
- Growing among people in their twenties! Inquiries and complaints about at-home affiliate and drop-shipping marketing: Get rich by introducing friends? Some people are even pushed into debt to make payments
- FY2014 Summary of "Consumer Trouble Mail Box"
- NCAC NEWS(Vol.27,No.2)
- Beware suspicious phone calls exploiting the personal information leak at the Japan Pension Service (the second report)
- The never-ending safety hazards of eyelash extension treatments
- Beware suspicious phone calls exploiting the personal information leak at the Japan Pension Service
- Solicitation rules for commodity futures transactions are changing! : When solicited, do not make a contract if you don't understand the structure of transaction or the risk size
- Cancellation of contract with an adult website business cannot be negotiated by an administrative scrivener!
- NCAC NEWS(Vol.27,No.1)