Beware of heat, leakage or explosion of batteries! Check batteries in emergency flashlight, radio, etc.
Single use batteries such as alkaline dry cells, manganese dry cells and button batteries are often used for clocks, TV or air conditioner remote controls, children's toys, etc. which are familiar to us. Batteries are essential in our daily lives and are also used for emergency supplies such as flashlights, radios, etc.
Although batteries are very useful, wrong use thereof may cause excessive heat, leakage or explosion. Liquid from batteries may cause chemical burns. Heated batteries may cause thermal burns. Flying fragments of exploded batteries may injure someone nearby. Degraded batteries in a device may damage the device.
Note the following when using batteries.
Advice for consumers to prevent accidents
Before loading batteries
- Carefully check the direction of batteries (+ or -) and insert them correctly.
- Don't mix different brands of batteries in the same device.
- Don't mix old and new batteries in the same device.
After loading batteries
- Switch off the device after use.
- Used up batteries should be removed from the device immediately and disposed of properly.
- Remove batteries from the device (e.g. remote control) if it is not expected to be used for a long period of time.
- Do not carry or store batteries with metals.
- Should liquid from batteries come into contact with skin, rinse immediately with plenty of water.